Dr Duncan Clarke, Chairman & CEO, Global Pacific & Partners, says: "Our focus is on Latin America's oil, gas and energy landscapes & strategies, evaluating in-depth a range of near to long-term exploration, development, investment and strategy perspectives now in play, their potential upstream impacts and how private and state oil/gas companies and Governments will reshape Latin America in the world upstream game."
"Existing hydrocarbon resources in Latin America are huge, under-invested, and with more potential, including in unconventional shale oil/gas, with world significance."
This year's Conference, the longest running upstream event in Latin America, will have special country-focus on Colombia's E&P landscape and the new opportunities therein.
Dr Clarke explains: "Colombia is one key to re-shaping of the Continent's oil and gas future, along with Brazil. As Colombia has attracted many majors and independents, it has outperformed others. There is more to come."
The 18th Latin Oil Week 2012 is a key event for Latin America's exploration industry, and its gas-LNG and GTL players - with Senior Executive speakers drawn from Latin America and worldwide. It brings together Super-Majors, Independents, Government and National Oil Companies, as well as those inside the value-chain, to interface, network and negotiate deals, whilst showcasing leading investors, companies and acreage rounds and assets for farm-ins from private and state players worldwide.
The intensive Program will be based on the following agenda:
- Latin America: upstream exploration game
- Latin Gas-LNG and GTL ventures
- Government strategies, acreage and assets
- Licensing agencies and policies
- Reserves and production outlook
- Mature exploration zones
- Heavy Oil and EOR potential
- Deepwater zones and new frontiers
- Caribbean and Central America potential
- Southern cone gas game and pipelines
- Frontier states, new plays and opportunities
- Latin giants: Venezuela, Brazil, Mexico
- Minnows, Independents & Super-Majors in the region
- Foreign state players and investments
The 18th Latin Oil Week begins with the well-known 8th Latin Petroleum Strategy Briefing on Monday 16 April 2012.